Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Touch of Spice

As you know, I’m a great lover of wonderful food, superb wine and exhilarating company. The three are an essential ménage à trois in my view and simply not mutually exclusive at all. I find it difficult to comprehend eating a wonderful meal without the latter two, and let’s face it, drinking alone can lead to more drinking alone. Unfortunately, with winter being winter, it means more eating and drinking than exercising, which poses its own set of challenges. But enough of that.
If you’re in the mood for a bit of Asian splendour, then this article offers some really great options, and a few personal favourites. (I’ve always been a great fan of Pierre Rossouw as a restaurant guide). Nothing better than a full bodied Chardonnay to go with a great full flavoured Chinese or Thai dish, or a robust, spicy Shiraz to accompany a really excellent Indian lamb gosht or tandoori. Although, with that said, my fondness for Angry Duck, is perhaps not conducive to wine of any sort after the first two mouthfuls, but it hasn’t stopped me yet. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment